Sunday, May 6, 2012

Embroidery Starter

A heads up to my readers - My main computer is down, and I can't upload pics to the one I'm using. You're gonna have to be patient for a little while. Sorry!
Also,  "Like on facebook" "pin it" and "pinterest" buttons are now located in my footer. The pinterest button allows you to follow me on pinterest. Pretty cool!

Anyway, while on spring break, I was browsing Pintrest for HOURS on end, and in an EXTREMELY crafty mood. However, there was no sewing machine anywhere that I could use. So, a trip to Joann's did the trick. I was able to find a simple starter embroidery project that included a frame. Cool beans! The stitches were simple,  and only took a few hours to do. You KNOW a project's easy when you can do it in a car (yes, that's where I finished it). You can find the kit here.

However, there was one issue. No embroidery hoop. Not a prob. Cut off the rim of a plastic cup, and secure fabric down with a rubber band or hair band.
Anyway, I' m hoping to do some more embroidery. Personalized gifts, a little something extra on shirts... Feel free to comment on any ideas!
Keep Crafting
-K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...